We're Hiring - B2B PR Copywriter
Context of Role – April 2019
PHD Marketing & Strategy is an award-winning B2B marketing and communications agency based in Pontefract, West Yorkshire working on a national and international basis. We’re an end-to-end marketing solutions provider delivering a range of services from PR to Advertising & Digital Media Management with a focus on content marketing.
With our sister company, Design By PHD in Wrexham, North Wales, we have secured a number of new B2B clients across the print, packaging, food & drink, distribution, specialty chemicals and electronics industries.
We are now looking for a confident, proactive and technically adept PR copywriter with B2B experience who can hit the ground running. You will need to have the ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and creatively translate into engaging and compelling content that inspires the target audience. Having high attention to detail and great time management skills is key to the role. You will be responsible for developing client features and press releases smoothly, on time, and on brief. We are looking for someone with a passion for PR and media relations who is not afraid to get on the phone. Ideally having a background in journalism, you will have a track record of securing links and coverage in key publications and media outlets.
The right person will have a strong B2B background, excellent interpersonal skills, enjoy working in a team (in what can sometimes be a high-pressure environment) and have a passion for creativity, as well as comfort in dealing with extensive technical content.
We are diligent, entirely client focussed, agile and experiencing high growth, so flexibility and willingness to go the extra mile are key expectations. We are also absolutely dedicated to delivering a high-quality performance at all times, which is why our clients stick with us.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Copywriting – PR, features, brochures, websites, blogs
- Repurposing of original PR content for digital tools
- Production of marketing materials – including flyers, posters, newsletters, e-newsletters
- Client liaison and account management
- Contributing to, and developing, client marketing plans and strategies
- Supporting colleagues
- An excellent B2B copywriter with meticulous attention to detail, a creative flair and an eye for stories that will resonate with audiences
- Min five years’ copywriting experience in a client facing environment (in-house or agency background)
- Good research and analytical skills to gain an accurate understanding of the subject in question/client tone of voice
- The ability to digest complex information and produce succinct and compelling content for B2B audiences
- Versatility; the ability to write in different styles to fit the clients’ audience and to create different types of written content, including long-form articles, blogs, case studies, website, press releases, emails and social media
- Highly organised and proactive with strong planning and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently when necessary and meet deadlines without handholding
- Strong media relations skills
- Min three A-Levels
- Confident in Microsoft Office Packages – Powerpoint, Word, Excel
- Full clean driving license
Advantageous but not essential
- Bachelor’s Degree an advantage
- Industry experience – print, packaging, manufacturing and / or journalism
- European foreign language fluency
- Fast-growing and ambitious agency
- Friendly, supportive and hard-working team
- Excellent benefits including generous holidays, flexitime scheme after 6 months, contributory pension scheme and private health scheme
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org