PHD client wins Innovation of the Year award at UK Packaging Awards 2016
Graphic Packaging International (GPI), client of UK marketing and communications agency, PHD Marketing and Strategy, took top prize in the Innovation of the Year category at the UK Packaging Awards 2016 for its Mini Nom Nom packaging concept.
The novel multi-compartment carton was designed by GPI to help its customer, Nom Noms World Foods, realise its ambition of revolutionising the chilled ready-meal market by introducing healthy, tasty international cuisines for the whole family.
Judges praised the concept for being ‘a great design, recyclable and fun. A perfect marriage of design and structure that also creates an occasion’.
Joanna Stephenson, managing director at PHD Marketing & Strategy Ltd., commented: “GPI was shortlisted in four categories, which is a great achievement in itself. However, taking the award for Innovation of the Year really cements the company’s status as a forward-thinking folding carton company. We’re very pleased for them.”
GPI was not the only PHD Marketing and Strategy client to be recognised at this year’s awards. LINPAC, DataLase and Parkside were highly commended in four separate categories for their respective Tesco Cargill Poultry Split Pack, Variprint and Parkscribe™ Steam concepts.
Ms Stephenson continued: “Regular communication with our clients throughout the year gives us an insight into just how much hard work goes into delivering innovative, efficient and cost-effective print and packaging solutions. We’re absolutely delighted that everyone’s hard work has been recognised.”
For the full list of UK Packaging Awards 2016 winners please click here
Please view PHD Marketing and Strategy client results below, or contact the team on 01977 708 643 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Innovation of the Year: Mini Nom Noms - Winner
- Consumer Convenience Award: M&S Vietnamese-style chicken wrap - Shortlisted
- Cartonboard pack of the Year: M&S Indian Thali carton - Shortlisted
- Packaging Company of the Year – Shortlisted
- Resource Efficient Pack of the Year: LINPAC, Tesco, Cargill poultry split pack – Highly Commended
- Rigid Plastic Pack of the Year: LINPAC, Tesco, Cargill poultry split pack – Highly Commended
- Packaging Company of the Year - Shortlisted
- Best New Concept Award: Variprint – Highly Commended
- Best New Concept Award – Parkscribe™ Steam – Highly Commended